Today I'm excited to announce that I'll be joining The Bluecoats year round as the Business Development Manager. What does that mean?
First - it means I will work at two Ohio non-profit music organizations full time! I am continuing in my role as CEO of Rhythm X, Inc., a job I love dearly and will continue to work very hard at.
Second - it means I now get to pursue all of the fun and exciting types of projects I enjoy at Rhythm X but at Bluecoats too! At Rhythm X my roles include business development and fundraising, but also managing the administrative team and company operations, plus logistics for various programs. At Bluecoats, I will continue to work on tour management during the drum corps' summer tour, but I will be spending most of my time working on exciting new business ventures and increasing fundraising and community engagement.
What I'm most happy about is the health of these two organizations. We talk a lot in the 'band world' about struggling to stay ahead and making marching band-type activities relevant in our communities. It's really exciting to know that Rhythm X, Inc. is growing fast enough to support a year-round administration and that Bluecoats is getting stronger and stronger and can finally support a full-time staff member to carry out the many exciting projects we contemplate.
All told, Rhythm X, Inc. and The Bluecoats represents a huge presence in performing arts programs in the United States and abroad:
- The Bluecoats Drum & Bugle Corps (DCI World-Class)
- Rhythm X (WGI Percussion Independent World)
- Rhythm X Winds (WGI Winds Independent World)
- Artistry in Blue (WGI Independent A)
- European X (WGI Percussion Independent A)
- The X Academy (Rhythm X Inc.'s international clinic series)
- The Blue Way (Bluecoats clinic series)
- The Growl (Rhythm X - Cincinnati Bengals drumline)
- The Browns Drumline (Bluecoats - Cleveland Browns drumline)
- The Q-Stix (Bluecoats - Cleveland Cavaliers bucket drummers)
- The Dragons Drumline (Rhythm X - Dayton Dragons baseball drumline)
Along with seven immense funds-generating programs operated by both organizations:
- Rhythm X Productions (for-hire entertainment ensembles)
- The X Store (Rhythm X merchandising sales)
- Three Great Shows (Bluecoats-hosted DCI shows)
- The Champion Event Center (Bluecoats event and bingo hall)
- Champion BINGO (Bluecoats BINGO and chance games program)
- The Bluecoats Marketplace / Shop (merchandising sales)
- Yamaha Equipment Sale (Bluecoats Yamaha resale program)
Needless to say I am really excited about the next year and beyond. If you find yourself interested in helping us grow, reach out!